Most of you know that we LOVE Twilight! We look forward to it every year and I always hated it when James missed it when he was in Kentucky. I think each time we go, we remember all the times that we didn't get to go together and it makes it that much more special for us.
We are such creatures of habit and we always sit in the same place and we usually eat at Barberitos before hand. This year Matt and Lydia joined us - it was actually Lydia's first time! I'm so glad they got to go together before they head off for Portland. I really hate that they're leaving, but I am excited about the adventure that God has in store for them.
This was Sadie's first Twilight, and I think she liked it. She likes to people watch like her mom & Nana. She also tried to get to all of the dogs that she saw. I thought she would fall asleep in her stroller (we took the bigger stroller Saturday night), but she hit a wild streak and stayed up till around 10:30. Derek, Tara, Greg, Rachel, Mom, Dad, James, Tiffany, John, Marlena, and Jessica ended up joining us later in the night. I think that is one of my favorite things about the race - having a good excuse to sit outside with friends! I also love running into people I haven't seen in a while - we always see the Parhams and the Carsons!
We are such creatures of habit and we always sit in the same place and we usually eat at Barberitos before hand. This year Matt and Lydia joined us - it was actually Lydia's first time! I'm so glad they got to go together before they head off for Portland. I really hate that they're leaving, but I am excited about the adventure that God has in store for them.
This was Sadie's first Twilight, and I think she liked it. She likes to people watch like her mom & Nana. She also tried to get to all of the dogs that she saw. I thought she would fall asleep in her stroller (we took the bigger stroller Saturday night), but she hit a wild streak and stayed up till around 10:30. Derek, Tara, Greg, Rachel, Mom, Dad, James, Tiffany, John, Marlena, and Jessica ended up joining us later in the night. I think that is one of my favorite things about the race - having a good excuse to sit outside with friends! I also love running into people I haven't seen in a while - we always see the Parhams and the Carsons!
I had one Twilight first - I ran the 5K Saturday morning. I have not run consisently since I was about 3 months pregnant and I ran one day the week before the race to get ready. It was ugly!! Jessica ran with me and I definitely slowed her down. I kept telling her to leave me behind, but she stayed with me. Thanks Jess! Rachel also ran the race, but she actually runs these to win them! We were not even close to one another during the race, but we met up when it was over.



1 comment:
we can run one together Lyndie...its been since I Was about 3 month pregnant too...shesh. I have a feeling trying to get back in shape is going to put me in the grave...
Post a Comment